John Curtin Medal nominations
The John Curtin Medal is awarded by Curtin University to people who have exhibited John Curtin's qualities of vision, leadership and community service and who have made a significant contribution in their chosen field.
Nominating a Candidate for the John Curtin Medal
The following information should be noted when nominating a candidate for the John Curtin Medal:
- Nominations must be made by current Curtin staff members;
- Current Curtin staff members are not eligible for nomination;
- Current Curtin students are eligible for nomination;
- Candidates should not be contacted for information;
- Nominations must address all the selection criteria; and
- Nominations must be received before the closing date.
- Nominations must be received by 5pm, Friday 9 June 2017
- Nominators must make sure that they carefully read the John Curtin Medal Procedures to ensure that their nomination meets the guidelines.
Nominations are now open and will close at 5pm on Friday 9 June 2017.Download the nomination form [.pdf - 193 kB]
- Nominations are assessed by the Honorary Awards Nominations Committee and candidates worthy of receiving the John Curtin Medal are advised to the Council Executive Committee.
- The recommendations of the Council Executive Committee are presented to the Curtin Council for the final decision.
- Successful nominees are notified in August to determine their availability to attend the John Curtin Medals Ceremony on 6 October 2017.
John Curtin Day Medal enquiries
- Julia Nicol
- Director: Public Relations
- Tel: +61 8 9266 7711
- Email: J.K.Nicol@curtin.edu.au